Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eight Hands Around - Fix

Hi, people.  I am a moron and listed all kinds of wrong measurements for the 12" block.  I made mine in 8", so I didn't notice that the 12" measurements were off.  I've fixed them in the tutorial, but I want everyone to know they need to look again.

If you already started, please don't give up.  Make another one, I'm begging you.  I love this block and want to see your creations in our flickr pool.

Here are the new, correct measurements:


Step 1 -  Cut light fabric as follows:

  • Cut 1 7 1/4" square.  Divide into four quarter-square triangles.  (8" block -- 5 1/4") 
  • Cut 1 4 1/4" square.  Divide into four quarter-square triangles.  (8" block -- 3 1/4")
  • Cut 2 3 7/8" squares.  Divide each into half-square triangles.  (8" block -- 2 7/8")
  • Cut 1 3 1/2" square.  (8" block -- 2 1/2")
  • Cut 4 2" squares.  (8" block -- 1 1/2")
Step 2 - Cut medium fabric as follows:
  • Cut 4 2 3/8" squares.  Divide each into half-square triangles.  (8" block -- 1 7/8")
Step 3 - Cut dark fabric as follows:
  • Cut 6 3 7/8" squares.  Divide each into half-square triangles. (8" block -- 2 7/8")
blog comments powered by Disqus