Monday, December 7, 2009

Lady of the Lake and Card Trick

Whew, I'm finally caught up with my quilt blocks. Lady of the Lake and Card Trick:

o18

First, I want to talk about the Lady of the Lake block. I wanted to use more light blue in my quilt and I figured that this block would be busy enough without adding busy fabric. But I was wrong and my block is rather dull in comparison to my other blocks. If I ever make this block again, I'd make it scrappy like the one Jennifer linked to the other day. As I was sewing the very last seam I thought "Wait! Why didn't I make this scrappy?" and then I was sad but then I got over it because I wasn't going to redo it.

Then there's the card trick block. I like how this turned out and the triangles weren't that hard to work with.

I must not really be a fan of the card trick block because I could only find one card trick picture on flickr that I liked. Check out this cool pillow! I really like the wild prints. I think I like most traditional quilt blocks when they're made with wild prints. I wish I'd used wilder prints in my blocks but it was all a learning experience so I'll just remember that for the future.

If you're quilting along with us, is there anything you wished you'd done differently?
blog comments powered by Disqus